Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Felicitations

It’s the big day. I’ve been alive for twenty five years today. No, I didn’t take the day off work. Yes, I’m working. Yes, I’m not working as hard as usual. Yes I did make a ton of cupcakes (white with party sprinkles, and special dark chocolate, both with regular chocolate frosting). Last night I helped do some initial cleaning/picking up while baking cupcakes at Steve’s. Tonight I’ll be making/devouring fresh spring rolls with a couple of friends. My first birthday phone call came at 7:20 this morning (yes my alarm clock had been going off since 6:30, no, I was not awake). Joe was just heading to bed and calling in his birthday greetings. My parent’s card arrived in the mail yesterday with some intriguing hints about a birthday gift that might need adjustment. I have to wait til I go home next. Which I suppose is only fair. I’m kind of floaty and in a general good mood. I’m also totally pmsy. Which has kind of become a birthday tradition for me I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Olsen said...

happy quarter-of-a-century!

(sorry...that thought freake me out a bit when i turned 25. only for about 15 minutes.)

3:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home