Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Monday, March 07, 2005

Yesterday -
- compiling the wake up playlist which included that Bright Eyes song, one by Mason Jennings (I know! gasp! shock!), a live version of Guns and Cigarettes by Atmosphere featuring Eyedea and the theme from Eternal Sunshine by Beck (sometimes his voice resonates within me)
- walking in the warm warm sunshine to breakfast
- seeing everyone and their dog enjoying the false spring day as well
- wishing we could have our vegetarian eggs benedict brought to us out there on the sidewalk
- saying hello/chatting with at least five aquaintences (One of whom I hadn't seen since a coffee date in the middle of January. Hes still a cutie, but it left me wondering what I was doing trying to imagine myself dating someone who goes on ski trips to Norway. Sometimes the differences are both the draw and the repellent.)
- taking a later extended walk and stripping down my upper layers so that only the t-shirt was left (Then finding the two of us sitting on a short cement wall near Lake of the Isles enjoying the view, of the puppies mostly, but tired of walking. "I want to leave, but I don't want to get up." She laughed which made me think she understood what I was saying.
- needing a nap so desperately but refusing to collapse for fear of wasting such a lovely day
- collapsing on my bed only to be summoned for dinner and walking all over downtown in search of restaraunts that either don't exist or aren't open on Sundays with such lovely people that really it doesn't matter the level of exhaustion or the status of the restaraunt I was happy to be with them.
- falling asleep at 10:30 completely exhausted and content

And to think that was just one of the days of my incredible weekend. If i had more weekends like this i might explode from sheer happiness or more likely my liver will rebel from the wine consumption...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home