Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

red tea

i'm drinking it by the pot today
stifling my cough
hoping the steam will calm my
nasal passages for as long as possible

two hands clasping the warm cup

my finger touches the bottom of my nose
entirely too often, and i notice you
doing the same
and yet you're smiling
i am too - despite my illness

we volley conversation
stopping to catch a
breathe or
return to the original
point, suddenly remembered

the smile starts at your lips and teeth
but that is only the beginning

eyes caught for a moment between those
baton like hands (maybe you should
have studied music instead)
and those dancing saucers
i see the abandoned patter of a froth
swirl in your cup

the corners of your eyes - that's where
it gets good

you are smiling, I take another sip

all i can think of is my sudden
overwhelming desire
to be out there walking
holding your hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home