Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Friday, August 13, 2004

The city is a very different place just after 5 in the morning. For one thing I am rarely there.

The moon was glowing off to the east set in indigo gradients. Morgan held up her hand to take the brightest sliver as the tip of her nail. As we drove south we seemed to be heading back into the night, escaping the light that was creeping slowly over head.

The airport was already buzzing with people who had gotten up much earlier than we had. There is such a sense of possibility in airports.

I drove home with those that aoid rush hour; it was 6 o'clock. Entering the building I was thinking about the fact that I was just arriving home, still in yesterday's clothes. What intrigue. I had hours before work yet. Instead of staying up and busy as I had planned I shut my shades and crawled into bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

There is definitely something peaceful about those moments of quiet. I remember when I lived in madison I finished work at 4:30 am and walked about a half an hour home. I loved the peace of it.

1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home