Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Monday, June 28, 2004

This weekend was the opening of the Hiawatha Light Rail. I enjoyed the day with Kate and got to nerd out/go into tourist mode a bit and take copious amounts of photos (of which I will soon be posting, well half are digital, the other half I need to get developed yet)... but more importantly...

I saw the most beautiful man doing voter registration at the Cedar Riverside stop. Do I still need to get registered to vote? YES. Did I go and speak with the most beautiful man ever in order to get registered to vote? NO. Why? because evidently I am perpetually fourteen years old and instead took a picture of him while waiting for the train to take us to the Franklin stop. Kate said that he took a picture of us as well, although I do like to believe I'm invisible, I'm finding that pretty likely.Related to that --- I had an amusing conversation with Maria today that went a little something like this...

M: Do you know who Dale is WITH for helping people register to vote?
C: No, I was going to ask him though. the sign in front of the beautiful man’s table said ACT.
M: Hm…you should volunteer with them, maybe then you’d MEET him.
C: Who is it though… ACT… I tried googling key words today and got nowhere.
M: Jeez, it could be anything.
C: Exactly.
M: But you could be making beautiful babies for me to babysit to see if I want them…
C:And now the pathetic weeping begins.
Oh. I am a sad sad creature.
M: Woe is you…:)
C: *weep* *weep*
*weep**weep* *weep*
*weep* *weep**weep* *weep**weep* *weep**weep* *weep* (etc.)
M: No weeping. You’re fabulous.


Friends are really spectacular things to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home