Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Last night Jen and I were in search of some air conditioning and since I saw a movie on Monday, am seeing one tonight and tomorrow, I opted for a change of pace last night. She was a good sport and we went to ½ price books out in St. Louis Park so I could pick up my book club book The Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Tool. Maria and I had gone to the Highland Park ½ price yesterday at noon, but they only had one copy, so she got it (it was less than $2!). Normally I don’t advocate for chain type booksellers, but in times of desperation (I have very little money and the book cost me less than what I owe in library fines currently) I can justify it.
I found the book for only six dollars and then spent a bit of time chatting with Jen and disturbing the other customers I’m sure. (I’m never quite sure about the protocol for book stores, is it exactly the same as libraries? Are we allowed to talk?) I’m usually quiet and respectful, but I guess the sudden coolness of the air conditioned surroundings brought out my chatty side. I picked up a couple of possible birthday gifts as well so all in all it was a successful outing.
When checking out the man who was selling me my books mentioned that he had heard that Will Ferrell was possibly making a movie based on the book but that it probably wouldn’t be out for a while. I mentioned to him that at the very least it won’t be out until after I finish the book. He said, yeah… probably. Then I said, well, club meets on Monday so I’m almost sure of it. He kind of chuckled and said good luck.
I told Jen that obviously he has no idea how determined I can be – besides the fact that I’m a single girl, who lives by herself and doesn’t own a t.v.
Jen chuckled and we drove to Crema Café to get some Sonny’s ice cream. I had a double scoop with merlot chocolate chip and sweet cream. Oh delicous.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home