Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Its Thursday today. All week I’ve been one day ahead. Not usually a good thing but this week it has been. Especially since I’m calling in sick tomorrow… so today is kind of like Friday, I have to get all my work done today.

Anyway. Been staying at the new place. I love it. Last night I was supposed to take my last trip of stuff over from the old place – well I moved my kitchen table and chairs (was going to leave them in my car last night, but there were other people out moving as well so I just hauled them in at 11pm). Tonight I have to get all my stuff out of the fridge and freezer – which really isn’t much at all and I have a basket of dirty clothes (which I’m throwing in my car to take home Friday night, I guess I still have a couple things in the bathroom drawer and a picture on the kitchen wall, and a couple things in downstairs storage… oh man and my bike. Will this never end!? Well, it will have to. I’ll go out to the old place after work and load up all that random stuff (try and get my bike in my car (eek) and take it back to the new apt. I’m also going to stay over at the old place tonight because we’re moving roommate out at 7am tomorrow morning. That’s a little early for my taste, but at least most of her stuff is all ready to go. We have been packing her for the last couple of nights (interspersed with my moving.)

I’m so excited for next week. I just want to be able to know that there is nothing left to move and then I can sit down and start putting things up and organizing. I have three sacks of dry groceries sitting on my kitchen counter. I need to get things put away. Amazingly enough I already have plans for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with friends. And Swiss Army is playing on Friday at the Entry which we might try and see. Also I have a wedding to attend on Saturday. Oh boy. I’m just going to collapse from exhaustion pretty soon here.

Oh – and I love my new place. It’s tiny, with good sunlight, hardwood floors, and quiet. There are dogs in my building which are just adorable – I saw this young great dane leaving the other night as I was hauling stuff in… so cute. And since the weather has been nice I see them walking all over the place.
I think its going to be really good – this living on my own. Quite good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home