Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Thursday, February 19, 2004

a) the triple rock has redesigned their website to include food, photos, and more great info

2) i was at the triple rock last night for the greatest show i almost missed. Dre Day 2004. The second annual celebration of the life of Andre Young - yesterday was his 39th birthday. This great celebration was put on by the crazy skater boys at life sucks die magazine and had incredible music sets by heiruspecs and the entire rhymesayers crew. It also featured the return of the $20 sack pyramid. Heiruspecs took the stage to do some great Dre and Snoop Dogg covers. Muad'ib sounding especially impressive with the Snoop vocals. After a short break Heiruspecs band got back on stage and was shortly joined by Eyedea, Felipe from Los Nav, Brother Ali, Slug, I-Self, Musab and probably some others that I really shouldn't be forgetting right now, for some great freestyle to the back beat of Dre produced tunes. It was a great time. We were dancing, there were 40s, and there was some camera guy who edged himself right in front of me for much of the freestyle. For me giving up a little bit of my front and center I better be seeing those photos in a full page glossy national magazine spread...
As for now... the ink isn't washing off the back of my hand, I hung my little Dre Day poster (that I took off the entrance to the 3rock) proudly in my cube (i've gotten quite a few positive comments on it already), I'm daydreaming of the most beautiful guy in Minneapolis who was also snapping quite a few photos at the show last night, and I should probably get some more sleep. Next year I'm taking the morning after Dre Day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home