Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

local kids do good.

when i was a teenager living in northern minnesota my family got the fargo forum delivered to my house. i was never terribly interested in the local news that was happening in the fargo/moorhead area as it were - but would skip ahead to the local movie reviews and read them with reckless abandon. the local reviewers would tell me what to expect, what to avoid, and of course what books the movies were based on so i could be sure to either read them first or read them instead of seeing the movie (because books are always better). my absolute favorite reviewer though was chuck klosterman. i would value his advice above all others... especially above tammy swift whom i couldn't trust at all with her puffy blond hair and super done up northwestern pretty mom face. since i'm super excitable about reminiscent stuff and my roots and all... i you know... feel happy when i hear that my favorite little reviewer is currently an editor for spin magazine and that this little interview was linked on gawker. that makes me happy as well.

oh and i also can't forget to use my barnes and noble gift card to pick up the newest issue of spin which is evidently featuring slug on some article about emo-rap... whatever that is. he also was drinking at the cc club saturday night. i was also harassed by one of the wait staff, who when i emerged from the bathroom stall insisted that i "should leave" and that she "had been watching me". i'm not entirely sure why she was so insistent that i should leave. my slightly intoxicated behavior was - i assure you - not inappropriate or anything else that would require me to leave. we stayed for quite a while anyway. our server didn't seem to have any issues with me or my posse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home