Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Thursday, June 26, 2008

hello june, goodbye june

Today it is June and I'm doing my best to not be sad that again I've worked my way through a good portion of what counts for summer here in Minnesota. The good news is that it isn't like last summer, not that last summer was bad, but portions of it were hell. Last summer was extremes. Having a fight that had something to do with the construction of wedding invitations, working 12 hour days, coming home exhausted and not knowing why I was crying over what seemed like nothing, learning what it is to train a puppy, learning to live together and mean it so much, learning what love really does for and with and to a person or two of you to be presise.

But today it is June and we have certainly made it through the winter this year. Tomorrow I will leave work early even and come home, say hello to my husband and perhaps take the pup to the dog park. He deserves a good run and I could use a good hike. We both (the pup and I) took the hibernation thing a bit too seriously this winter.

Saturday we'll pack the car and drive north. The plan is to arrive by noon. We shouldn't be expected for breakfast. I'm hoping for ripe strawberries and no poison ivy patches on the forty. The strawberries may be late this year, but I am still hopeful and to me late sounds like it is right on time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

It's the little things, like this: "We shouldn't be expected for breakfast" that make you such a fantastic writer.

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home