Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Sunday, February 11, 2007

closet

And easily enough I have a closet. The closet is full of my in-season clothes. The closet exists in a little blue house, in east St. Paul which belongs to the man I’m going to marry. In the closet there are two racks in the front to hang pants, sweaters, and shirts, a hanging organizer newly full of socks and underwear – sorted by what I labeled “everyday” and “the good stuff.” Sir just left me to do my thing and smiled at me and occasionally said “I’m not worried about it” or “if you need more space we can move some other things around” when I talked out my new organizational system with him. I think I’ll keep my sweatshirts with his t-shirts. The summer clothes will most likely be packed up later this week and then they will hang in the back of the closet until being rotated forward in a couple of months. I have no idea what I’ll do with my jewelry, which has for the past three years sat on top of my dresser. I no longer will have a dresser. The dresser set that I inherited from Aunt Ruby I’ll be either trying to sell or will be carted back up north with my twin bed when the little brother is here in March.

This is just the beginning, but it feels wonderful. I don’t have what I’ll be wearing tomorrow or the next day planned out yet. I didn’t have to pack a bag tonight. I’ll be packing out tomorrow morning like normal, except that my bags will be empty and I’ll fill them again when I get back to my apartment.