Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I don't belong here - I realize that. I'm just as aways a tourist, just passing through, not buying but thanks for asking. Maybe I'm the poser. Naw not quite. I'm sitting here at Bob's, my second to last day here (at least in a row) and am wondering if I've been wasting my time or not.

There is a boy who sits here everyday as well. He usually has a friend with him and they spend their time reading the newspaper, writing, or talking on their respective cell phones. He is familiar, but that could be stemming from the fact that I've come here almost every day in the past two weeks or that Minneapolis is really a very small town. I came from several small towns to move here to the big city. I did it with purpose, to be educated, increase my world view, meet a husband (ha! just kidding!), and experience life. I am a people watcher at heart, I'll never deny it. Humans fascinate me. I should have been a sociologist. Well I guess I am anyway. At school I studied English, writing, reading etc. which I think would have taken me places except I let the internet stunt my learning ability and my attention span. I recently had to take a little test to prove I was competent enough to get a temporary position and discovered that I can't do simple math, I can't spell, I do know the alphabet, and I can type 60 words a minute with no mistakes. Go me. Also, I've read over ten books in the month of August. Impressive no?

Anyway... I wonder who this boy is. Is he in school? Does he work at night or is this his office? He certainly is on his phone a lot and he keeps a folder or book with him with writing material in it. Everyone wants to be a writer. Don't you? He is skinny, but not in that all too popular anorexic hipster boy kind of way. He is usually wearing a plaid shirt, black jeans, black boots, shortly cut hair and pretty close shaven and has larger black earrings that are like little horns through his ears. Also - he's political. I saw him wearing a November 2 shirt the other day and now hes sitting with a group of guys who are discussing the election and one of them has a ton of John Kerry bumper stickers that he gave to the guys at the table. I think the two guys who just joined them are discussing labor rights and whatnot, the politics of overtime and exemptions. He's not discussing, but working on the crossword puzzle. I think I should start doing crossword puzzles. It is one of those smart people activities and also helps prevent alzheimers.

He seems so reflective today. Also I think he might be gay. Also Thoreau's Walden is boring. Important, but boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home