Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Thursday, May 20, 2004

"oh these creatures and their love"

It's good to be a twenty-four year old uncommitted girl. Uncommitted to anything besides my apartment anyway. For the love of the apartment (with the hardwood floors, big windows, huge bathtub, in the lovely neighborhood) I have committed to at least a year of habitation. Which means that in a couple of months I must find something to support my committment - a job. I work now, but not in the actually getting paid for my forty hours a week sort of sense. This I'll worry about more later.
But while my friends are considering cohabitation and engagements I am still trying to figure out whether or not I can drill into my walls to affix shelving, if I should really get a step stool to reach the top shelves in my kitchen, what art/picture I could hang over my bed, whether my neighbors are aware/bothered by all the noises coming out of my apartment, and if that guy with the black lab down the hall is actually attractive or if he's just really old and I only see him in the not well lit hallway and because he has a dog with him I've imagined that he's hot. Oh I don't know how I get through my days and nights with these pressing issues.

For now I will worry about kickball. What night of the week it should change to - the responses seem to be leaning towards Mondays and Wednesdays.

Oh, and I've been dreaming about puppies again. It's at least comforting to me to be dreaming about puppies instead of babies. I know that I'm not either responsible or ready for either of them, but I'd rather be having the puppy dreams.

In real news:
*This weekend jilianlove will be down from the great boring north for a little book clubbing and general hanging out in the cities.
*I'm looking forward to attending the U.S. Conference on Democratic Workplaces next Monday and Wednesday. (unfortunately I am unable to attend on Tuesday because of a training that we're hosting at the Hill House)
*I'm having happy hour at rock rock rock tonight with some of my girl type friends. $5 for a beer and a burger... (veg burgers included!!)
*Next Tuesday evening is Voltage: Fashion Amplified at First Ave featuring my favorite new band Coach Said Not To!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

You're so great.

I think we should mix it up. Next time it should be Wednesday. Maybe a Saturday lunchtime thing would be okay too once in awhile, though the field might be busy.

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Xtine said...

ooohhh... saturday lunch time... i hadn't thought of that!!

3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home