Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Thursday, May 06, 2004

new york times reporting on the new generation of gardeners.
i found it interesting that the title references the blog generation and yet starts and seems to focus on Ready Made Magazine (which is neither gardening focused or a blog) and something that has been rather hit and miss in the past, but i think with its growth in popularity has been steadily getting better. I'm a big fan of the d.i.y. stuff and challenges that they have in each issue. They barely mention You Grow Girl which is a site I was lead to back when i read Bonnie Burton's site . The personal gardening blogs are always fun to read. Also good for getting tips. I still have yet to get the shirt that they sell on the site which I love. It simply says - garden hoe. As a girl who grew up gardening plots much bigger than my house ever was I've always tried to maintain a healthy indoor plant population since moving to the big city. At the last apartment my friends would constantly comment on my "little jungle" that I had growing on a couple of end tables in front of the south window. In this new apartment I've been able to spread the plants out a little bit more which gives a little variety to the apartment and ensures fresh air everywhere you turn.
Also - plans for this summer are to add three fresh eating plants - cilantro, basil, and mint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home