Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

February the 14th

One year ago today I started work here at this lovely little literacy nonprofit located near the heart of the Midway surrounded by trains and their tracks. Little did I know what all this job would entail (you never do) the highlights being (a) my supervisor would be "resigning" after barely three weeks on the job (2) I would be left somewhat in the lurch managing a program that I had been hired to "assist" (i) help would come from Kansas City in the form of a new wonderful supervisor, even though it would have to wait til May, (8) and now the program will be ending in August, due to financial unfeasability and not our management, and yet I will continue to be employed as we work on developing another program.

I'll be celebrating with a happy hour burger basket, Newcastle (or two), a couple friends (including said supervisor), and hopefully a view of a favorite tall-drink-o-water server at the Triple Rock tonight.

Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home