Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly... All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise... blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Friday, January 27, 2006

I’ve been mailing things lately. Actual letters, cards, and packages have been making their ways through my hands and have been deposited either on top of the mailboxes in my apartment building or more recently handed over to the friendly mailmen working at the US Post Office on University Avenue on my way home from work. I’ve stopped in their twice this week. The purpose was to buy some two cent stamps, some of the newer higher priced stamps and mail a couple of packages, one to Illinois (Illinoise as the postman pronounced it) and Germany. The first time I was in there this week however I had forgotten to get the address for my little brother in Germany and regardless of the blessed technology of the cell phone my dad was not able to locate Marty’s address either. Did you notice that I mentioned “friendly mailmen” earlier? I’m not kidding – these guys are the complete opposite of those people hating, job loathing mailmen that I remember hearing about when I was growing up (the people from whom the term “going postal” was coined. I think I might have discovered the key to their happiness however, both times that I stopped in there this week I noticed the tv that hanging overhead and facing the counter where they worked. Not only was the tv on, but both times it was playing the Gene Wilder classic Young Frankenstein. Hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home